Many people may encounter this issue about how to take care of your curly hair no matter your natural hair or hair extensions. I believe it is a big challenge for most women, even though we know proper care will definitely prolong our hair life. In this article we will introduce some methods about how to condition your curly hair in daily.
Using Regular Hair Conditioner
- Make sure to choose moisturizing hair shampoo and conditioner, please pay attention to check the label on the bottle, try to choose the ones special for curly hair.
- After shampoo, apply some good quality conditioner in your human hair wig, pls keep it stay for about 5-20 minutes. Focus on the the middle and bottom of your hair, because that’s the main area that is easy to tangle and shed.
- Rinse your hair with warm water, run your fingers or a wide-tooth comb through your hair to detangle it while rinsing.
- Then use some leave-in conditioner for curly hair to make sure your hair moisturized. After that, pls try to let your hair air dry, this is the best way to prevent your hair from tangling or shedding.
Conditioning With Hair Care Oils
Hair care oils are a natural way to condition your curly hair and prevent your hair from shedding. Here are some oils and their benefits:
Moroccan argan oil: moisturizes, nourishes, and provides antioxidants to hair.
Jojoba oil moisturizes the hair, adds nutrients, and stimulates the scalp.
Coconut oil softens hair and increases shine.
- Heat the oil with warm water because it is easier to be taken in by your hair. Put a clean towel under your shoulder to prevent the oil mark your clothes.
- Rub the oils into your hair from the ends up. Start at the bottom of the hair then upwards. Use your fingers or wide-tooth comb to detangle your virgin hair.
- Leave the oils in your hair for about 5-20 minutes to make sure your hair absorb the oil and helps it retain nutrients and repair damage.
- Rinse your hair with warm water, it might take some more time to wash the oils than conditioner. Make sure your hair is clean thoroughly and then let it air dry.
Using Deep Conditioning Treatments
Choose a deep conditioner. Deep conditioner is good for some frizzy and damaged curly hair. Choose the one special for curly hair.
- Apply the deep conditioner from ends to roots with your finger gently.
- You can choose to apply the heat. Because heat will open up the cuticles of your hair, allowing the conditioner to penetrate more deeply. wring them out, and microwave until hot, about 1-2 minutes. Wrap the towels around your head and leave on for 5–10 minutes.
- Rinse your hair with warm water to wash off the conditioner. Then wash your hair with shampoo and conditioner as usual.
- Apply some additional hair products to keep your hair shiny and pretty.
For this method, it should be used once a week when your hair is damaged, not very day use. If your hair is in good state, once a month is fine.